Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 217 in a Year of my Life

What a dull day.

Overcast with few patches of sunshine.  A few showers.

The tide was out, so it was vast patches of grey wet sand, grey water, grey sky and not even the birds came out to play.

I took a couple of photos in my front garden, before the bird in the photo gave me my marching orders ... he flapped angrily at me and even swooped!  Not too close, but enough to warn me off!



A couple of photos from the Sunny Coast last week...



Yesterday, after Adoring Husband and I went to the movies, we went to JB Hifi where they had a lot of dvds on sale.

Among others, we bought 'Magic Mike', a movie about male strippers.  Big mistake.  Terrible movie ... unless you like to look at nice, young, taut, muscle-bound, male bodies.  That's about all it had going for it.

Bad storyline, bad acting, bad cinematography, just bad all round really.

Tonight was Super Saturday ... which means football on Fox Sports TV and home made pizza!  Pizza was great, but only one game of footy tonight because State of Origin is next week on Wednesday night.

We have our opposing flags mounted at the front of the house.

Adoring Husband supports NSW (the blue team) and I support QLD (the maroon team).  QLD have won seven years in a row.  How many???  Yes, that's correct, SEVEN years in a row.

We are hoping to make it eight years in a row this year.  We have a great team.  Time will tell.

Today, I am grateful for dull days ... they help us appreciate the beautiful days!

Nite all.

No comments: