Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 218 in a Year of my Life

I began writing this blog while awaiting the birth of my first grandchild just over two years ago.

In that first post, I mentioned my mother, and how, if she had lived, she would have been there with me and feeling excited about our newest member of the family ...

http://agechallengedrqqzy.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/i-think-im-now-blogger.html

The anniversary of her death has just passed (25th May) and today, in facebook, somebody shared this ...

**********
I have been working on a special project for a while now and I was so lucky that Sarah Overholt Stinnett was willing to help me and let me tell her story! Meet Sarah, her two beautiful girls, Harper and Reagan and her Mama, Connie. Sarah and her sister, Laura, lost their sweet Mama, Connie, a little over 4 years ago at a very young age. Since then, Sarah has gotten married and had two very beautiful little girls of her own. Sarah strives everyday and all with her mama by her side in spirit! When I asked Sarah to do this, I asked her if there was anything special that had to do with her Mom and her little girls. I cried when Sarah told me that her Mom used to buy her baby books for her future grandchildren (long before Sarah had little ones). This image features such a special book to Sarah and her girls that is called "I Loved You Before You Were Born". I truly believe that Connie has a special bond with these girls even though she is not present on Earth. I know she loved these babies before they born and I am so lucky and honored to be able to showcase this picture! Sarah, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

**********

I can see that there are many reasons why some people might not like this, but it reminded me of my mother, and I know how proud  she would have been of our little Chicklet.

This year, for the first time, I was NOT feeling melancholy about the anniversary of my mother's death.

I think she may have been offended and made sure that this photo found it's way to me on facebook!

It actually came to me on my 104 photography group page, where one of the ladies shared it with the group.

I was sitting down by the beach this morning and checking my ipad, when I found it.  I became quite emotional, because often when I'm with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet, I imagine my mother close by, in spirit.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this.  I know that this photographer comes from a small town, but the response to this photo has been huge, so her business may become quite busy in the near future!

I've been working on some photos today too ...



So today, I am grateful to my mother, for visiting me from beyond the grave ... to remind me that it's State of Origin time and she will, once again, help Queensland to win the series, to make it 8 years in a row.

(My mother was fanatical about State of Origin and her team hasn't lost since she died in 2005)

Nite all.

No comments: