Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 221 in a Year of my Life

This is a very short post because we have been out all night and have just returned home.  It's 11.20pm and I'm heading to bed.

Just wanted to say 'Congratulations' to all of the Blues supporters out there.  It was a good game and you won fair and square.  Be prepared for the next game of the series because I think it's going to be a corker!

In the meantime, I'm adding this link that I hope you will go to and read.  Vegan Chickie emailed it to me this evening and when I read it, it really hit home.  I think all of you will relate to it and I really hope that you take the time to read it and click on the bottom bar, to read the entire article.

http://m.dailylife.com.au/life-and-love/parenting-and-families/when-your-mother-says-shes-fat-20130604-2nnxq.html

Tonight I am grateful for an evening of football and no alcohol ... because if I'd had alcohol, I may have  said some bad things to some angry, negative males in my presence.  I'm grateful to have risen above it and found the happy place inside my head for most of the evening.

Nite all.






No comments: