Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 219 in a Year of my Life

I missed last night's sunset, which was amazing.

I didn't miss tonight's sunset, which was less than amazing.

It was still quite pretty ... but not like yesterday.



A young child attempted to take my long lens from the back of my trike while I wasn't looking!  I spotted him in the nick of time and he snatched his hand away, made a face and ran off to his parents.

By crikey there'll be trouble!

So I hope that all of you 'Blues' supporters out there are ready for another beating?  Two more sleeps til State of Origin time!

Got myself a new cap and a jacket today, which proudly displays my maroon loyalties!

Today, I am grateful for gluten free lollies ... a whole container full of them from 'Nana's Pantry'.  I must make them last :)

Nite all.

No comments: