Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 223 in a Year of my Life.

It's not even 9.30pm and I am struggling to stay awake, so I'm afraid this is a short post again tonight.

Tonight, at the Club, I promised that I would share this very funny story, written by an ABC journalist from 'The Drum'.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4736642.html

I laughed so hard, and could relate to his words.  I guess it's extra funny when you are a big 'State of Origin' fan.  Maybe not so funny if you don't care about football.

I don't have any photos to share tonight.

I DID take some photos because I pedalled to the lake this morning, which I haven't done for about a year.

I'm so glad that I did because I found Rainbow Bee Eaters, Fairy Wrens, Pardolotes, Honey Eaters and Finches.  I even found two nests of Finches, but they are up too high in the tree for me to get any good photos.

They are all birds (in case you are wondering).

A local was walking along the path that goes around the lake and she stopped to have a chat.  At that point, I had only seen a white egret on the edge of the lake.

While she was chatting, I spotted a Fairy Wren in the grasses behind her .. luckily I had my sunglasses on and she couldn't see that I was looking over her shoulder, instead of at her face!  I was so excited, I couldn't finish the conversation fast enough!

After she walked away, it was like she had opened a gate and suddenly all these birds appeared!

I got photos of all of them, but I haven't had a chance to look at them properly yet, so hopefully I can share them tomorrow.

Right now, I am off to bed.  I might even wake up early enough to try a sunrise tomorrow!

I just can't stay awake any longer.

Today, I am grateful to a local man, who told me that the lake behind my town had had some maintenance done to it and that the path was clear to ride on.  If he hadn't stopped to tell me that, I would never have found the birds.

So many of my favourite birds in one spot, just waiting for me to visit!

Nite all.


No comments: