Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 224 in a Year of my Life

A very successful garage sale today.

We sold lots of stuff that we didn't think we would ever sell .. some of which, we had in our last garage sale, and nobody even looked twice at, but just about everybody who walked up the driveway in the first hour, took something with them when they left.

We still have two lounge suites, the tv cabinet and the dining suite left .. so I'll phone Lifeline on Monday and they can have them.

My trike also didn't sell ... surprisingly.  I'll hold onto that til the right person comes along.

So today, I've taken some photos of the new lounge room and hallway, since the repairs and everything that was damaged has now been replaced.



In the middle of writing this, the sun set behind some interesting cloud, which produced a bit of colour, so I rushed across the road to the lagoon with about 3 minutes to spare before the colour disappeared ...


I didn't have time to grab my camera bag with the other lenses, or the tripod, so this is taken hand held.

Today, I am grateful to Adoring Husband for dealing with all the people today.  You know, there are some days when you just don't have the mental/emotional energy to deal with a bunch of strangers .. that was me today.  So thank you AH.  You done good :)

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

You're selling your TRIKE! How are your going to get those amazing sunrise shots without it ?

Age said...

LOL I got a brand new shiny sparkly one Judi .. this is my old one that I'm selling :)

I would NEVER be without my trike!