Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 215 in a Year of my Life

Another photo from the baby shoot with The Nikonian last week ...


I really love this photo.  It shows exactly how this Mum was, with her new daughter.  So gentle and loving and protective.

There is so much to learn about photography and about photoshop and editing photos.  I wonder if there is anybody out there who knows everything there is to know?  I can't even imagine that it's possible.

I attempted to watch a 2 hour tutorial on basic photoshop today.

I was practising on one of my photos, what they were teaching in the tutorial, so I was pausing the recording often, to put each step into practise.

I expected this process would take a while longer than the two hours.

Three phone calls, three annoying dogs and an oblivious Adoring Husband stretched the first 38 minutes of the tutorial to approximately 4 hours.  That's where it stopped.

So I've bookmarked it to go back another time and continue the lesson.

I am questioning whether having my work area in the middle of the house was such a good idea!

As annoying as it was today, I still like being in the middle of the house and part of the action.  Generally, so far, the energy has been good.  I just have to train the creatures that live in my space, to respect my 'education time'.

It's good to be home.  I love my 'space',  I missed my bed and I feel so much more comfortable in my quiet little town beside the lazy river.  It was nice to see the boys this morning too.

Today, I'm grateful that my lifestyle allows me the luxury of learning more about, and improving my photography, at a pace that is comfortable for me.  I'm grateful to have like-minded friends who are so willing to share their knowledge and their experiences with me ... in particular, the very generous Nikonian.

Now I'm off to watch the best part of 'Dirty Dancing' ... the final ten minutes :)

Nite all.


No comments: