Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 275 in a Year of my Life

Yesterday, Adoring Husband rescued a pure white cockatiel from the road at the front of our house.

He made it comfortable in one of our back bedrooms, with a portable clothes horse to sit on and food and water in bowls on one of the beds.  Towels everywhere to protect the furniture and carpet from birdie doodoo.

Number One Son and I put a card on the notice board at the local shopping centre, with our contact details,  just in case the bird's owner was searching for it.

It obviously has been hand reared and even though it was terrified, it was happy to sit on Adoring Husband's shoulder, but attempted to savagely rip his finger off when he got too close!

So, by this morning, this is what we were doing ...


Adoring Husband had already named the bird.  Meet Snowy.


Snowy has a new cage, a hanging toy, a special ladder to keep his claws healthy and special cockatiel food which he/she has been eating non-stop for about 6 hours now.

It's possible that our cockatiel could be the size of a sulphur-crested cockatoo by morning!

It's also possible that after spending all of this money, the owners will phone tomorrow and come claim their lost pet.

Se la vie.

I had to move our hat rack away from the bird cage, because one of the psychotic dogs was literally climbing the rungs of the stand and swinging on the scarves, attempting to get onto/into/at the the bird!  Crazy dog!  Thinks it's a cat!



We travelled into The Bay, not just to get the bird cage, but to take Number One Son go-carting.  Unfortunately, the track, we discovered,  is only open Thursday through to Sunday.  *rolls eyes*  So let's try that again tomorrow!

Adoring Husband and Number One Son spent the afternoon playing pool at the pub while I (by choice) stayed at home and cooked dinner.

Lamb shanks and mash for main.  Lemon Meringue Pie (gluten free) for dessert.

Today I am grateful that we could save Snowy and provide a safe place for him to live, whether it be temporarily or permanently.

Nite all.

No comments: