Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 276 in a Year of my Life

The boys went go-karting ...


The boys went fishing ... no fish ... no photos lol.

Luckily I had dinner in the oven .. back up plan.

I think I need to get a good night's sleep because I am feeling very worn out tonight.  I reckon when you hit 50, somebody switches the 'tired' button on because my energy levels haven't been the same since that magic number!

Had a nice phone call from Best Cousin in the World today, all the way from drought-ridden Julia Creek, and she might be visiting later in the year.  Lucky girl will be having her own private little photography road trip.

We have changed the cockatiel's name to SEB, which stands for 'someone else's bird' :D  We are also trying to find a partner for it, for company.

Today I'm grateful for the chance to get into bed an hour earlier than usual.

Nite all.

No comments: