Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 302 in a Year of my Life

I came upon a blog today that listed "50 Things to Blog About" for the days when you get writer's block or lose your creativity.

So I've saved the list for the days when I have a brain freeze, and hopefully this means that you will be bored less often.

I won't bore you tonight because I'm going to make it brief.  No photos.

I could have had a great photo .. a lost opportunity.

I had a pedicure appointment today and I thought it was for 11.45am.  At 11am, when I checked the card, I discovered that the appointment was actually for 10.45am!

Honestly, there seems to be a trend happening here.  I'm having serious problems with 'times' lately!

So I phoned the salon, apologised profusely and told her I was on my way.

I was in the middle of cooking soup at the time, and I was wearing my daggy old house clothes.  I didn't even look in a mirror before I left.  I just grabbed my purse, jumped on the trike and pedalled my heart out!

At the halfway mark there is a large block of land and as I rode past, I glanced across to see a large bearded dragon lizard sitting in the middle of the block with his head held high and pointed towards the sky.

Not only did I not have the time to stop .. but I had left my camera at home!  A double whammy!

That was my lost opportunity.

I had my lovely pedicure and then came home and finished making Adoring Husband's tomato soup.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to attending the lady's luncheon at a Childers Winery.  We are all travelling by bus, so I imagine there may be a few tipsy ladies on the way home!

I'll be travelling with camera so I hope to get some good shots to share tomorrow.

Today, I'm grateful for pineapple/mint water.  Refreshing and delicious!

Nite all.

No comments: