Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 301 in a Year of my Life

I soooo want to keep a food diary right here, but I think I might get booed off the stage if I do!

I've had lots of different fluids today and I'm going to share that!

I started with hot lemon water.

Then I had beetroot/carrot/apple juice with hemp oil and magnesium oil.

After lunch I made watermelon/strawberry/orange/pawpaw/mint/coconut, with the same oils as above.  Even Adoring Husband enjoyed that one (he didn't know about the oils)-(he will when he reads this).

For tomorrow, I've filled a jug with fresh pineapple pieces, mint and water.

All delicious.  All nutritious.  All clean and fresh.  All satisfying.

Only one photo to share today.  A couple of Rainbow Bee Eaters from the block next door.  How lucky am I to have such pretty neighbours!


Just four more sleeps til I see my little Chicklet family.  Can't wait to see my little girl again.

Today, I am grateful to Number One Son for showing me how to book my train ticket online!  It took me 5 minutes to do it myself, as opposed to at least 30 minutes at the agent.  All this time, and I didn't know I had this option!

Nite all.  


No comments: