Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 353 in a Year of my Life

I took Adoring Husband on a tour of Tawny nests this morning.

Unfortunately, we found another dead chick beneath one of the nests.  So that's 3 (that I know of) out of a possible 9 chicks gone *insert sad face here*.

I didn't spy any of the live chicks this morning, but all of the male Tawnies are still sitting on the nest, so I can only assume that the chicks are still there, growing and maturing.  I'll be checking every day!

Tomorrow, I have an idea for #11 Faces, on my list for the 104 photography group October challenge, so I need to be out and about nice an early - I may even attempt a sunrise.

Now that I think about it, I have three reasons to be out bright and early.  The third reason is to catch sight of an African Parrot that is, apparently, on the loose in our town and has been sighted in the early mornings at a couple of locations that I can access.

I think I will need to be very lucky to spot him, but you never know your luck.  There's always a chance.

I tried this recipe tonight and I can highly recommend it!  Absolutely delicious.  So delicious, that I ate what was left in the salad bowl, after I finished my dinner!

Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing


Ingredients
Salad Ingredients:

5 cups fresh baby spinach
1 punnet strawberries, hulled and sliced, or the equivalent amount of red or black grapes
1 avocado, diced (I prefere 2 avocados!)
100 g crumbled feta
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
half a small red onion, thinly sliced
poppyseed dressing (recipe below)

Poppyseed Dressing Ingredients:

1/2 cup avocado oil (or any good oil - olive oil/macadamia oil)
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
pinch of ground dry mustard (optional)
salt and pepper

Method
To Make The Salad:
Toss all ingredients together then add the dressing to your taste.   Serve immediately.
To Make The Poppyseed Dressing:
Mix all ingredients together until combined.

We ate it with some lamb loin chops, but I could easily eat it as a meal on it's own.

Today, I'm grateful for facebook, because every day, it presents me with new healthful recipes to try that are easy and fast and full of deliciousness.  Who knew that facebook could be anything other than a procrastination tool?!

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Yuuummmm! I'm going to give this a go today . I have an abundance of both baby spinach and strawberries, so........PERFECT!