Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 354 in a Year of my Life

Today, I was horrified to read this about the FDA and laws that it has created and wondered where the world was headed as far as synthetic and chemical substances for medicating goes.

Why isn't the world questioning why we are not HEALING?  No illness is cured any more.  We simply accept drugs, prescribed by our Doctors,  to mask or reduce the symptoms of our illnesses,

One of my boys from the Seat of Knowledge, has Macular Degeneration and has to undergo surgery to repair some scarring and also has to put drops in his eyes and probably have regular invasive treatment for the rest of his life.

I printed out some information about the types of food that he should eat regularly that might halt further decline and possibly improve, even marginally, his current state of eye health.

There was also a list of foods to avoid, which included processed/refined sugar, breads, pastas, (anything made with white flour), soft drinks and white rice.

One of the boys sitting at the seat, stated quite resolutely, "Well you may as well just give up now!  What's the point of living if you can't eat the good stuff?  What's left to eat?"

At what point in this 65 year old's life, was he taught that 'the good stuff' was sugar, bread, pasta and soft drinks?  

I also read this and was even MORE horrified.  This is the sort of thing that never sees air time on mainstream media.

People get quite angry with me when I argue against vaccinations.  Mostly because they've been trained to believe the exact opposite of what I believe.  

If you read the information in the above link, you just can't argue with facts like that can you?  If this information is from just one law firm and only covers a 3 year period ... it's just a spit in the ocean isn't it?

We know so little about what goes on the world.  We think we are worldly and have all the facts before us to help us make educated and informed decisions, but that is so far from the truth.

The media continue to tell us "Don't believe everything you read on the internet", but honestly, I would believe my own research above what the media attempt to shove down my throat.

I also discovered this and thought it was worth sharing.


Now, to lighten this post a little ...

I finished the 104 group photography challenge.  Here are my final three photos on the list.

11.  Faces


12.  Negative Space


13.  Rivers/Lakes/Oceans


Today, I'm grateful to be feeling healthier and stronger and lighter after more than two months on my new eating regime.  I thought I would be craving my old favourite junk foods like crisps, chocolate and ice cream, but all I can think about, is what delicious recipe I can find next, to use up all the organic goodness in my fridge.  It feels good!

Nite all.





No comments: