Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 349 in a Year of my Life

It's good to have Adoring Husband home after a successful weekend of SES training.

He returned exhausted and sore, but happy!

This morning, before he arrived home, I began the process of making Feta cheese.

Last time, we tried this together and it was a massive FAIL.  You know what they say about 'too many cooks' .. so while I was here alone, to focus on the job at hand, I decided to have a go ...


I used organic, unhomogenized, full cream milk and everything else was provided in the cheese making kit.

I'd have used raw milk if there was anywhere to get it in my area.  Raw milk is illegal to sell for human consumption in Australia, but it's available in two places in QLD, that I know of, and they sell it for 'bathing' and 'pet food', but people buy it for consumption.

Anyway, my feta cheese is looking pretty darned good at this point.

When I wasn't in the kitchen - I also made a rhubarb and apple crumble for tonight's dessert - I worked on a couple of old photos.



It's been yet another wild windy day, but it seems that many places all over Australia are experiencing these horrible winds, so I shouldn't complain.

I picked our first red capsicum from the garden today.  That will be part of tomorrow's lunch, along with Crispy Kale and Pumpkin croquets.  A friend shared that recipe in facebook today, and it looks delicious, so I'll have a go and let you know what it's like.

Today, I'm grateful that Adoring Husband was able to manage all of the rigorous drills required for his training over the weekend.  I know he was worried about his ability to pass the physical requirements, but he did very well.

Nite all.

No comments: