Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 352 in a Year of my Life

Let me introduce you to Lolly's family ...


This is Dad.  The Dad sits on the nest all day and then swaps with Mum at night so that he can feed. Also can you see one of Lolly's siblings?  That tiny little piece of white fluff at the front there?

Cute huh?

There may be another chick there because Tawnies lay 2-3 eggs each season, so I'll be keeping an eye on this, and all the other nests that I've found, to see how many chicks survive to leave the nest.

Remember the list for the photography challenge this month?  The list of 13 things that my facebook 104 group have to photograph this month?

Well, number 10 is 'take a photo of a stranger and tell their story'

Meet Alison and Warren ...


They are from Whangaparaoa in New Zealand, about 40 mins north of Auckland, also known as 'Bay of Whales' (coincidentally!). 

They come to Australia every Winter and spend their time travelling in this van and working their way around the country. This visit, they've been here for 9 months. 

They usually live on a yacht and have also travelled up and down the East coast of Australia in the yacht. 

It will be their 39th wedding anniversary in three day's time! 

They leave for home in 2 weeks and dropped into our little town, for the first time this morning, to have breakfast. 

A really lovely couple and I got their email address so that I could send them a copy of the photo, as well as contact them if I'm ever in their area!

So now, I have three photos left to complete.  11.  Faces  12.  Negative Space  13.  Rivers/Lakes/Oceans.

Of course, I am the only one in the group anal enough to take and post the photos in the exact order that they appear on the list!  Sometimes I wonder about myself!  I think I've been with Adoring Husband too long, because that definitely sounds like a trait that I've picked up from him.

Today, I'm grateful for old movie re-runs.  Well, not that old I guess.  "50 First Dates" was made 9 years ago .. time flies when you're having fun.  I'm watching it as I write this .. it's one of my faves.

Nite all.


No comments: