Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 361 in a Year of my Life

I just made this delicious smoothie. I got the recipe from Kunara Organic Marketplace facebook page. If you're on facebook, and you're interested, go here to get all sorts of interesting information and recipes.

This smoothie tastes like a banana chocolate malted thickshake, but it's good for you!

BANANA PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE
Ingredients (serves two):
•1 banana, preferably frozen
•1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
•2 tablespoons of plain peanut butter (i.e. unsweetened, unsalted)
•1 teaspoon of raw cocoa powder
•Half a teaspoon of cinnamon

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth and add some ice cubes or crushed ice if you like.

If you're wondering why there is a capsicum in the photo, it's because I'd just picked it from our garden!

We must have two different varieties, because, although the others are sweet and delicious, they are only a fraction the size of this one and the flesh is quite thin. This one is much bigger and heavier and feels quite thick in the flesh.

I'll let you know how it tastes.

Now I'm in the middle of a 'to pack' list, so that I don't forget anything next week when I go away. I booked my ticket this morning and have quite a lot of 'stuff' to take with me, but I have very good packing skills - even if I do say so myself - so hopefully it won't be a problem.

I'd best move my butt, because I also only have one hour to get ready.

I see a couple of glasses of wine in my immediate future.

Today, I'm grateful for all of the things that I've had to feel grateful for this past year. Only four days left til I complete the Year of my Life in blog. I think I'll go back over the year and see what interesting things happened that I may have forgotten about.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Please give Vegan Chickie a hug
from me. And give yourself one
too! grannymus