Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sleep eludes me

I think it was about 10.30pm when I climbed into bed last night and I fell asleep quite fast.

I also woke up 3 hours later.  Couldn't get back to sleep, so I got out of bed at 3.30am and took my ipad out onto the balcony to watch the sun rise .. which didn't happen til 4.30am!


Thank goodness it wasn't too spectacular!  I had to use my ipad to take this photo, because I still hadn't been able to charge my camera batteries.

Lucky for me, one of my photography friends from the Sunny Coast came to my rescue and dropped off her charger to me at Sunshine Plaza.

So now I have three freshly charged batteries and my camera is primed and ready to go .. finally!

What a life saver she is!

I am feeling incredibly weary after about 5 hours of shopping and LOTS of walking today.

We've had some good food, starting at the Mooloolaba Surf Club this morning.  A vegetarian breakfast of poached eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, hash browns and 2 pieces of GF toast, accompanied by a very nice latte.

Plenty of shopping, eating and drinking .. and as much as I would love to give you lots more details, I can barely keep my eyes open, so I'm going to attempt sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: