Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sleep Still Eludes Me!

I chose to sleep on the couch last night.

The room that I was allotted is a bit small and stuffy, with only a small window, and when it's open, lets in all the street noise, from cars and buses, to drunks leaving the night clubs.

It has a ceiling fan, but I'm sharing the room with somebody else, and my body temperature is so high, I need the room to be very cool ... which is freezing for anybody with normal body temperature.

The lounge room is open and airy, with the choice of a fan or air conditioning, that doesn't affect anybody else in the apartment.

I slept soundly on the couch, until just after midnight, when a very large crowd of young, intoxicated people marched their way past our apartment block, making a LOT of noise.  There were many groups during the night and they seemed to pass by in waves.

Just as I dozed off, another raucous would build .. so 4.30am arrived and very little sleep had been had by me or anybody else.

It helped to have another delicious and hearty breakfast at the Surf Club .. that gave us enough energy to commit to another shopping spree before lunch.

This afternoon, I've had a quiet time regenerating and preparing for a fun evening.

I bought a dress.  YES!  You heard correctly!  ME!  I bought a dress ... a white dress!

I'm wearing it tonight for dinner.

There will be photos taken tonight .. finally.

Having a ball ... wish you were here :D

Nite all.  

No comments: