Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Full Day

It's been a full day of dinosaur loving with Chicklet today, which included a dinosaur picnic with the new picnic set and tea set.

We made pretend pancakes (sakata rice crackers in the plastic frypan), pretend meatballs (sultanas in the other frypan), carrot soup (chopped carrot in water in the pot), salad of cucumber, carrot and mango, cashews (better known as moon nuts) and copious cups of tea (water poured from the teapot, most of which poured onto the coffee table).

Two trips to the shops to buy new dinosaurs ... I think we've lost count now.

Word for the day was 'blist' ... don't even ask.

My day ended with a very pleasant dinner at a local Indian Restaurant with my brother and his girl.

A couple of D&Ms where tears were shed, some home truths, and some good old fashioned belly laughs.  The food was good and I really enjoyed the night.

Seeing each other three times in the last 2 years is pretty amazing, since the previous three times was over a 16 year period, and included our parents' funerals and then his last partner's funeral.

I wish I'd thought to take my camera tonight, to get pics!  DOH!

So it's been a full day, and tomorrow, I head off to meet the girls for our 3 day Christmas party.

I'll be back again in a couple of weeks, so I'm not too sad to leave.

Nite all.

No comments: