Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Contentious

This is a subject that is becoming important to me .. and to vaccinate or not, is not a decision that I need to make these days, because my kids are grown.

I will never have a flu vaccination myself and I would fight tooth and nail to stop Adoring Husband from having one .. although in the end, of course, the decision is his .. but I would make sure he read every skerrick of information available, so that his decision was well informed and not just based on his Dr's recommendation, or media scare tactics.

I found this very interesting blog today, that provides extensive information regarding all forms of vaccinations.

87 Published Works on Vaccines and Adverse Health Concerns

Each one of these is linked to research information .. where you can read a summary of the research conducted, or go deeper and get more detailed information.

I recently posted an article on facebook regarding the dangers of vaccinations and three of my facebook friends (who are also my friends in real life) put a comment up, warning me about how dangerous my information was.

Personally, I believe that media scare tactics are more dangerous than my information.

I believe that too many people take media reports as law, and don't do enough research themselves, to make informed decisions about something so important as vaccinations.

I'm absolutely certain that your Dr .. the one so willing to inject you with this concoction .. cannot tell you what ingredients are in the vaccination syringe, what each ingredient does to build your immunity against infection of these diseases or flus, or what the side effects are and 'everything' that you should be looking out for after a vaccination.

All of this information is important and you have a right to know the answers.  It's your responsibility to educate yourself and know what you are allowing to be injected into your baby's or child's body... or your own body for that matter.

There is so much negative information hidden from the general public and so many lies told.

Fifty years ago, doctors recommended smoking cigarettes as a way of relaxing and claimed that they had no adverse affects and that smoking was not addictive.

Fifty + years ago, doctors prescribed Thalidomide for morning sickness, and continued to do so for years, even after it was suspected of causing birth defects and miscarriage.  10,000 children, in 46 different countries were affected before they finally withdrew the drug from sales.

In 1999, an anti-inflammatory drug, called Vioxx was released, and is estimated to have caused 139,000 heart attacks before it was recalled.  It took 5 years before it was taken off the market!  That particular drug company made $2.5 billion from that drug.

More than 60 yrs ago DDT was declared 'so safe you could eat it' but it was banned in Australia in 1987 and we now know that DDT is a carcinogen and also causes birth defects.  So, for forty years, they poisoned us, before declaring it unsafe.

Well, instead of me listing the drugs, here is a link that lists more than 60 drugs that were released to the public and found later to cause deaths, heart attacks, cancer, deformities .. among other things.

This is why it's important to educate yourself about the drugs that you are going to put into your mouth or have injected into your body.

The pharmaceutical companies want to make as much money as possible and in most cases, the money that they pay in compensation damages, is a spit in the ocean compared to the billions that they make in profits.

Governments in most countries now trust the pharmaceutical companies to do the adequate testing on new drugs before release.

Basically, we are the guinea pigs, so it's up to us to take care of ourselves.

So, if I post information regarding vaccinations or prescription drugs on facebook, or here in my blog, unless you are prepared to read the information, please don't tell me that what I am doing is dangerous, because, in actual fact, by ignoring half of the available facts, what YOU are doing, is dangerous.

... and now for something a little more light hearted ...

Here is my photo for a mini challenge in one of the photography pages that I joined in facebook.  The theme is 'Yellow'.


... and here is my photo for the 104 group challenge which is themed 'white' (Yes I know! Both are colours - purely co-incidental!)


That's my cue to go to bed.  It's well after midnight again.

Nite all.  

No comments: