Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Lazy Friday

High tide was interesting this morning.

Even though the cyclone isn't even near us, this morning's high tide, to me, seemed worse than last year when the cyclone was much closer.

This is what our waterfront looked like ...




The weather bureau has predicted three cyclones forming next week.

One in Western Australia and two in the Coral Sea, which will affect Queensland and it will, apparently, be an extreme weather event.  *insert worried face here*

Let's think positive.  Let's hope for the best.

After I came home this morning, I made a strawberry tart, which I will show you tomorrow.  Adoring Husband thought it was a bit rich, but I LOVED it and I'm not even a strawberry fan .. unless they are cold and fresh in my bowl with freshly whipped cream!

I will post a photo and the recipe tomorrow .. it's so easy to make!

Off to bed for me.

Nite all.

No comments: