Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Strawberry Cream Pie recipe

I made this Pie yesterday, before lunch.  I had a piece for lunch, then a piece for afternoon tea, then a piece for dessert and then a piece for morning tea today.  That's how much I like it!


It's light and creamy and melts in your mouth.  It is also super healthy!!  You can eat as much as you want 'guilt' free :)

For the crust:

  • 3/4 cup pecans
  • 1/2 cup almonds (I used blanched) - I think you could use any combination of different nuts.
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut
  • 3 T butter softened
Grind all of these ingredients in your food processor until they are like a crumble, then press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, building up the sides slightly.

For the Filling:

  • 2 cups of fresh strawberries
  • 1 cup raw cashews
  • 1 T vanilla extract (not essence)
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 cup coconut oil
Place all the filling ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.  Carefully pour on top of the crust and refrigerate for 3 hours.  (I put it in the freezer for an hour and it was set)

Serve with fresh whipped pure cream.

I have two other pies that I'm going to try in the next couple of days.

A Chocolate Hazelnut Pie and a Lemon Slice.  I'll keep you posted.

Before I went to bed last night, I took the dogs out through the laundry door to do their business, and look who was waiting for me on the fence!!


Aren't his eyes amazing?

Well, I'm off to do some cooking .. my kitchen awaits!

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Sounds delicious Roz. Might try it with mango as I have been given a box.

Age said...

Oh yum .. mango would be lovely too! I thought blueberries or raspberries would also be nice. Let me know how it goes!