Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Oakey Dokey

What a great 'rest' day we've had today.

We spent the morning indulging in some serious retail therapy.

I got gifts for Adoring Husband and Chicklet and for myself!  It was very therapeutic!

After lunch, we headed out to Oakey to visit with Number One Son, who finished work at 3pm, and met us for a drink at one of the coffee shops on the main street.  Then I finally got to see where he lives and met his dog Jake.

Jake is a black labrador pup, who is still a bit crazy with puppy energy, who has already chewed up a plastic pool, among many other things.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a photo!  I could kick myself!!

We took the camera because we hoped to get in a bit of photography while we waited for Number One Son to finish work, but he was right .. there really isn't much to photograph in Oakey.  It's a very dry and unhappy looking town .. very much a mining town.

It was good to see Number One Son looking happy and healthy.

We left Oakey with enough time to make it back for a particular movie that we wanted to see, but we couldn't find a parking space near our chosen cinema.  We decided to try the other cinema in town and rushed through the complex and up two flights of stairs, only to discover that the movie we wanted wasn't even showing in that complex!

There was plenty of time then, to find somewhere for dinner before the next screening of the movie, so we found The Cube Hotel, which is just across from the cinema, and ate in their stone grill restaurant.

We bought our movie tickets first, because we didn't know how long dinner would be.

The food was very good, as was the service.  I had stone grill garlic prawns and BGWLBH had Thai Beef Salad.

We got to the cinema thirty minutes early, to find a long queue .. so we were grateful that we had bought our tickets, however, we couldn't watch a movie without popcorn!  So we stood in the long queue for twenty minutes to get popcorn and water.

The movie was "Philomena" starring Judi Dench and Steve Coogan.  It took us on quite an emotional rollercoaster ride and we liked it a lot.  Judi Dench is always good.

So tomorrow, we continue on our journey.

Mickey Mouse is already tucked up in bed, because he's exhausted from all the shopping!


Now that you know about today ... yesterday is still a mystery!

Nite all.


No comments: