Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Where are we?

The 'Most Excellent Adventure' was quite a bit less than 'most excellent' today ... a lot of driving and not much adventuring, however ...

... tomorrow should involve a bit more adventure.  We'll be taking the back roads to tomorrow's destination and there are national parks and bush walks and side tracks to fill up the whole day .. as long as the weather holds up.

There are showers forecast for the whole area, but hopefully they will be scattered and won't interrupt our day too much.

We did stop to visit some alpacas ...


... and Mickey was kept fairly busy for the day ...





We arrived in Armidale nice and early and took ourselves to the movies to see "The Hobbit No 2" which was good, but went for 2.5 hours and BGWLBH asked me near the end of the movie "How many days have we been here?"

Room service is always a bonus when you're too tired to make any effort to find food elsewhere.

We want to start early tomorrow, to make the most of the adventures to come, so I'm signing off now!

Nite all.

No comments: