Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Eumundi Markets

Oh how I love Eumundi Markets!

We left the unit much later than we should have this morning (my fault for having a lazy lay in morning), so it was after 8am when we arrived at Eumundi Markets and the carpark was almost full!  This is no small carpark - it has room for more than a thousand cars on that empty block ... and that may be a conservative estimate.

The streets of Eumundi were already lined with parked cars and there were people everywhere.

This surprised me because it's so soon after Christmas .. aren't people supposed to be broke after Christmas?

Anyway, we paid our $5 parking fee, parked the car and then headed to Bohemian Bungalow for breakfast.

Adoring Husband and I first ate there on their opening day in early December 2012.  We didn't know it was their first day open when we walked in the door, but the food was great then, as it has been for the three other times that I've eaten there .. although the corn fritters that I had there today, were not as good as my own fritters that I make (even if I do say so myself!).

After we filled our bellies, we headed to the markets across the road.

I had no intention of spending money on anything except food .. but oh how I love Eumundi Markets!

So many lovely things.  So much colour.  So much atmosphere.

I got potions and creams and oils and balms and shoes and semi-precious rocks and jewellery and a fan and a lamp and delicious fresh fruits and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Four hours later, we were all shopped out, so we drove to the supermarket to get some food that we could have bought at the markets so much cheaper, if only we'd thought about it before we left the area!

We made lunch at the unit and then BGWLBH needed to rest, so she headed for the comfort of her bedroom, while I gathered the rest of Chicklet's gifts (books and dinosaurs) and wandered across the bridge to meet with Vegan Chickie for a cold drink and chat, until Chicklet woke from her nap.

More dinosaur play ensued and I had a lovely couple of hours with my precious girl.

I ordered Thai food for dinner and picked it up on my way home to the unit, so BGWLBH and I sat down to a delicious green curry and BBQ chicken with chilli sauce and rice.

It's been a lovely restful evening and tomorrow we head off on our merry way, unsure of a direction or a plan at this stage .. but we will see what the day brings us.

Vegan Chickie took a photo of Chicklet and I walking along the path yesterday .. it's not often that we get a photo taken together, because it's usually me behind the camera, so I'm excited to share this one here tonight.


Feeling pretty rested now.

Nite all.

No comments: