Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Home Sweet Home

The 'Most Excellent Adventure' is over for another year.

Travelling in the heat of the Australian Summer is probably not the best idea ever.

The thought of taking any bush walks or trekking through the hills sent us into a sweaty panic, so we only did two shortish walks in our travels.

It was tough to keep cool, and sleeping at night to the hum of a variety of aging air conditioners was interesting.

Speaking of 'ageing', by body requires something bigger than a single bed to sleep in, because these days, rolling over is not the quick agile movement that it once was and I need more room to move!  So many times, I almost rolled OUT of the bed!

Lastly, BGWLBH has suffered with a few health problems during this trip, so it was necessary to take things a little easy, and pace ourselves somewhat.

Despite those four points, it's been fun and funny and dietary challenging and interesting and time warped and frightening and surprising and amazing and educational and socially pleasant and photographically inspiring and therapeutic and relaxing and with the lessons that we learned, we can plan better for the next road trip.

The next road trip will start in Sydney and hopefully 'Bubbles' will be able to accommodate us for a couple of days at the beginning and at the end of our trip.  It was nice to catch up with Number One Son and Vegan Chickie this trip, but it's definitely time to swing by the big smoke next trip and catch up with my Bubbles.

Now we get to relax at home for a while, and I get to spend time in my beloved kitchen and create gastronomical delights full of healthful goodness, to hopefully get BGWLBH back on the track to good health.

I don't have long, so I have to work extra hard and make the most of it.

On the way home today, we stopped in Gympie, where there were Cattle Egrets nesting in a tree in the park...


When we arrived home today, this is what greeted us ...


Who knew that Wilbur Herbert could be so aggressive!?

It's good to be home and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Nite all.


 

No comments: