Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Who?

After a short visit with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, I then met the girls briefly for morning tea, but left early to come home and cook breakfast for BGWLBH before heading into The Bay for a spot of grocery shopping.

My kitchen pantry is now full of all the necessary ingredients to make some delicious food in the coming days!

I definitely need to make some nice sugar-free and gluten-free snacks and desserts to keep BGWLBH satisfied while she has withdrawals from sugar and at the same time, cravings for sugar ... and desiring food that she never even eats usually!

Adoring Husband has not been so diligent with his diet while I've been away either, so I have to get him back on track.

Pretty sure they are already calling me names!

I've got plans for tomorrow in the kitchen and I think they'll be happy with the results!

Adoring Husband made us an alcohol free cocktail this afternoon and BGWLBH made a list of movies that look interesting enough to either download or buy on dvd.

After dinner, we had a short play with the new Dr Who trivia cards that I bought for AH while on holidays.

Considering that AH is the biggest 'Whovian' that I know, and BGWLBH is possibly the second biggest, I did pretty well against them ... admittedly, I got a few hints, but I wouldn't mind sitting down with a trivia board and playing a real game.

I have a few bird photos to share tonight.




It's been a while since I've shared some birds ... and I know that they are not everyone's 'cup of tea' but I also know that there are some bird lovers our there, who enjoy my bird photos!

I'm disappointed to say that it's been an unhappy day on the tennis courts for the Australian males in the Aussie Open today.  Let's hope tomorrow brings better luck for the Aussies!

Time for me to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: