Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cooking Cooking Cooking

*  Berry smoothies
*  Bacon and Eggs
*  Lamb and vegetable fritters
*  Gluten free grain bread from scratch
*  Beetroot tahini dip
*  Lemon chicken risotto

So today, between the three of us, we have each consumed blueberries, banana, coconut water, raw milk, bacon, 10 eggs, lamb, potato, sweet potato, zucchini, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, fresh beetroot, tahini, greek yoghurt, lemons, broccoli, celery, chicken, rice, baby spinach, iceberg lettuce, rocket, red capsicum, tomato, avocado, cucumber, feta cheese, mint, basil and sugar-free/gluten-free chocolate brownies.

That's a pretty darned healthy day of eating I feel!

I've just tasted the bread .. it's the first time I've made it (from Monica Topliss's recipe book) and even though it has a bit of an after taste, the texture and flavour is really good.  I'm looking forward to having some for breakfast tomorrow morning.  I think it will toast well too.

My FROG box arrives tomorrow .. the first one for the new year .. I hope there will be enough room in the fridge for everything!!

I would like to make some ice cream tomorrow, if I get a chance, otherwise, I think BGWLBH has some shopping plans .. and you know that I am always good for some retail therapy!

One photo to share ...


It's a Wedge-tailed Eagle actually looking at me!

It's 11pm and I can't stop yawning .. need to sleep .. too many hours in the kitchen today.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

My mum follows your blog Roz, and was very concerned about the quantity of food that you were eating. Ha ha! I gently explained to her that the list of food were ingredients that you used in your recipes and that you didn't devour ten eggs in one sitting nor did you eat a block of Parmesan cheese!