Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi!  Oi!  Oi!

Can you tell that I'm watching the Aussie Open Tennis?  I'm watching a young 18 yr old Australian by the name of Nick Kyrgios play a 24 yr old French player, Benoit Paire.

Kyrgios has won the first set and is currently in a tie breaker for the second set.  The Aussie crowd is going wild every time he wins a point and he is thriving on the attention.

I've never seen him play before and he is a mighty fine player .. I expect big things from him in the coming years!

He has just won the second set!

Anyway ...

Today, I had a tiny bit of retail therapy with BGWLBH.  The shops were a bit disappointing.  No great sales and nothing different to anywhere else in the world.

We did get a few dvds from JB Hi Fi and we watched one tonight "Red 2" with Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins and Mary-Louise Parker.  A great all-star cast and although it had a lot of violence, it also had a lot of fun and a lot of action.

I really enjoyed it.

I also bought the dvd "Jobs" starring Ashton Kutcher.  I haven't seen that movie yet.  I'll let you know.

Yesterday I made a gluten free bread from the 'Monica Topliss in the Kitchen' cookbook.  OMG it's delicious!  It has a lot of ingredients and I think that's probably the most time consuming thing about making this bread .. measuring out all of the ingredients and then waiting the required 8 hours after you take it out of the oven, before you can eat it.

I was so impressed with the bread that I even posted a comment on the author's facebook page commending the recipe and thanking her for the great recipes in the book.

Tonight, I made 'Olive Oil Ice Cream' (not from Monica's book) and was surprised by how sweet and delicious it was.  I think I'd like to make it again and possibly add some kind of fruit for a different flavour, or maybe some chocolate/cocoa.

We collected the FROG box this afternoon (there were actually 2 boxes) and they were full of beautiful looking fruit and veg.  I need to get creative in the kitchen this week to use up all of that deliciousness.

I've missed seeing my boys at the Seat of Knowledge for the last two mornings so I hope to get up bright and early enough to head down there tomorrow.

I wonder how late this tennis match is going to go tonight?  That may have a bearing on whether I get up early tomorrow.  I'll be making every effort to watch this match to the end!

Nite all.

No comments: