Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Kitchen Capers

After eleven days away from home, I was so keen today, to get into the kitchen and start cooking!

Unfortunately, I was missing some important ingredients, that I'm unable to acquire here in this little town, so tomorrow calls for a trip into The Bay to purchase the missing ingredients.

I saw my boys this morning.  One of them has gained so much weight over Christmas, that he is now walking with his 'frame' to get to the Seat of Knowledge in the mornings, with the hope that exercise will help him lose the Christmas belly.   It'll be interesting to see how long he lasts .. I think his record is ten days.

There are a lot of tourists in town at the moment, although I noticed that one of the caravan parks is looking pretty empty, so the numbers of out-of-towners is thinning out.

The exciting thing about today, is that The Australian Open Tennis Championships started!

I was so concerned about my inability to cook, that I forgot about the tennis and didn't watch any of it today, until after dinner.  Luckily, the best games will be tomorrow, so I'll make a concerted effort to watch them.  Also luckily, I have a TV in the kitchen, so I can watch and cook at the same time!

Meanwhile, despite having had a nap this afternoon, I am feeling very tired, so I think I'm off to have an early night.

No photos to share today.

Nite all.

No comments: