Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday to Meeeee

LOVED the movie 'The Other Woman' - got some good belly laughs out of that one!

LOVED lunch at Aquavue ...


It's my favourite meal there :)

Tried to buy some clothes but couldn't find anything that I wanted .. don't ya hate that!?

Adoring Husband gave me my birthday present (a rather large hanging herb garden) earlier in the week, and Kaz gave me some delicious looking hand made soap yesterday, but luckily, I got to open a gift this morning .. from my friend Lady Lynn.  I loved the sentiment on the plaque AND the sentiment in her words on the card.


The highlight of the day, was a phone call from my little Chicklet, who sang 'happy birthday' to me, firstly on a voice mail on my mobile, then in a message on my home phone and then she sang it again when I finally answered the phone!  Sooooooooo precious!!

I got lots of birthday greetings on facebook from various friends and family, as well as phone calls from my kids and my little sister.  Texts from other friends.  All in all, a pretty great day!

I squeezed in just a little study this afternoon and now I am ready for bed.

Another birthday done and dusted .. happy to have reached 54 big ones!

Nite all.

No comments: