Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Recovery

It's been a fairly lazy recovery day after our dinner party last night and the abundant levels of alcohol that passed 'our' lips .. and by 'our', I mean Adoring Husband's lips *insert cheesy grin here*.

I was awake at 8am, but chose to stay in bed, pretend it was Sunday, and enjoyed some idle stacked pillow time!  I didn't get out of bed til 9.30am and that was because Adoring Husband cooked a delicious breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato and smoked salmon for me!  What a nice surprise!

After breakfast, I sat outside with my ipad enjoying a take away coffee that he drove to the shops to get for me, before taking on the task of grooming what started out to be two dogs, but ended up being just one dog.  I spent too much time teaching Colli to 'sit' and by the time I'd finished with her, my level of dog grooming enthusiasm had waned sufficiently for me to concede defeat.

I will attempt to groom Ruby tomorrow afternoon.  She shouldn't take too long.

I had a lovely chat on the phone with my little Chicklet and Vegan Chickie this afternoon.  After they tried to phone me on my mobile and then attempted a 'facetime' call on my ipad, neither of which I answered because, as usual, I was blind and deaf to my mobile technology .. they eventually got me on the home phone!

When I answered the phone I heard Chicklet's voice shouting "She answered!  She answered!"

It's time for me to organise another visit.

Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to morning tea with the girls and then a barbecue dinner at the park in the afternoon.

I'm surprisingly lethargic after my lazy recovery day, and I think I will attempt an early night :)  (have you noticed how often I 'attempt' an early night?  I have too many early night fails.)

Nite all.


No comments: