Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Late Night Feature

Adoring Husband and I are sitting here watching the movie "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

We've lost count of how many times we've watched this movie.

I think I had watched it at least 50 times before I met AH and we've watched it at least a dozen times in the last ten years.

We had a fancy dress party for AH's 49th birthday and the theme was Rocky Horror.   Everybody dressed up .. AH as Franknfurter.  He started out wearing an overcoat to cover the skimpy costume, but after a few beverages, he soon loosened up and discarded the coat!

It was a great night.

I think we should attempt another Rocky Horror night soon.

I received a very large pink box in the mail today, from the Chicklet family.  It was my birthday gift and when I opened it, this is what I found ..


.. it's to make my desk a happy space to study at :)  I LOVE it!!

Here is my herb garden, created by Adoring Husband for my birthday ..


I still have some herbs, rosemary, thyme and mint, to transfer from the back garden to the pots yet.

Aren't I the lucky one?!

Anyway, back to the movie!

Nite all.


No comments: