Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pre-birthday gatherings

I had a really nice day today.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to sleep until after 2am, so it was quite late when I woke and I missed my time at the Seat of Knowledge, but I did make it for morning tea with the girls .. two sessions of morning tea in fact!

This meant that I didn't get home until after 11am, but I hit my workspace immediately and got a few of hours of study in, before we gathered all of our goods and drove to the Lion's Park by the river for a pre-birthday barbecue .. there are a few of us that have birthdays in April/May, but the others won't be in town to celebrate, so we toasted everybody's birthdays this evening.

We were treated, by Mother Nature, to a beautiful sunset that lasted for a long time, with colour changes every ten minutes ...




Now once again, it's after midnight .. let's see if I can fall asleep before 2am!

Nite all.

No comments: