Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 18, 2014

It's a Good Friday

Adoring Husband and I have been quite busy on this Good Friday.

We started off watching the horror that is Easter at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, with all of the tourists lining up to use the boat ramp, with a bit of ramp rage here and there among the tourists, who have all obviously registered for the Easter Fishing Classic and were in a hurry to get out and start catching fish!

Then we did a little grocery shopping enjoyed a coffee outside the local shops before heading home to get started on our chores for the day.

Adoring Husband spent the entire day in the garden, setting up my new herb garden, pruning some plants and tidying up the pot plants around the water feature.

I spent time in the kitchen doing some preparations for our dinner party on Sunday night and cooking our main meal for lunch.  We had crispy skinned salmon steaks on potato and sweet potato mash with a side of zucchini and broccoli.  Quite delicious.

For a light dinner tonight, we had fresh king prawns on bed of salsa (cucumber, tomato, onion, grapes, coriander, mint and lime juice) and homemade mayonnaise.

I think we might both have an early night tonight.  I'm feeling quite weary after a restless night last night and a busy-ish day today.

Let me introduce you to our new "Helen"


Yes she is quite beautiful, but as yet, has not laid an egg!  I warned them today that if they didn't get a wriggle on and start laying, they would be the main course for the dinner party on Sunday!!

They've been very happily scratching around in the garden and I'm sure that they thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful of my bok choy, the remnants of which can now barely be seen :(

I'll get some better photos of Hector and Happy some time soon.

Right now, I need to wake Adoring Husband up and send him off to bed before his snores drown out the football game that I'm watching!

Nite all.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


What a very elegant bird. Perhaps she feels egg laying is beneath her and she wants to be a model!

Love. Grannymus