Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dinner Party

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and Adoring Husband and I are hosting a dinner party for six guests!

We've hosted parties, but this will be our first dinner party since we moved here 6 years ago and I'm quite excited about it.

It will be a three course meal .. entree, main and dessert .. along with some pre-dinner nibbles.

Everything will be home-made, from scratch.  Absolutely nothing out of a packet.  All gluten free, sugar free and hopefully delicious enough to satisfy our friends.

I won't tell you what's on the menu here, just in case our guests read this blog tomorrow.  I want it to be a surprise!  Also, a couple of the dishes are experimental and I'm not sure how they will turn out, so I have back-up plans .. you should always have a safety net!

My preparations and planning commenced on Good Friday when I planned my menu and then started on my entree meal.  It should only take another 20 minutes in the kitchen for it to be ready to serve.

Today, I've started preparations on the nibbles and the dessert.  I think the dessert is going to take some time, and unfortunately, it's one of my experiments, so I'm not sure on the timing and there are a lot of components to it, so it's the meal I am most afraid of failing.

I'm disappointed that I don't have an 8 piece dinner setting.  It's been ten years since we bought any crockery and in that time, pieces have been broken and now we have three incomplete settings.  Even cutlery could be interesting mismatches!  It would have been nice to create a restaurant feel like in My Kitchen Rules, just for the fun of it.  Maybe next time.

I came across these today and liked them enough to share ...

For many, your soul mate is not even a human being. It could be part of nature, an animal, an idea or another part of all that is. It could be several things at once.  It's whatever assists in your growth, helping you to ascend to all that you can be.  When you feel it, you'll know exactly who or what that is.


I'm off to watch the end of the footy.

Nite all.

  

No comments: