Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Health, Study, Cyclones and Ferris

I watched a couple of videos of Michael Pollan today.  He makes so much sense to me and I plan on watching more of his videos.

If you have twenty minutes to spare, please use it to listen to this man.



We've been a little on edge this evening, after hearing the news about Cyclone Ita which has been edging it's way down the Queensland coast over the weekend.

The weather report tonight, suggested that we would get winds in excess of 90kph.

It was the first we'd heard of this, even though we had been listening to weather reports and keeping our eye on various weather predictions on social media.

So Adoring Husband rushed outside at 6pm to clear the yard of anything that could become a flying missile in strong winds.  We stacked up the outdoor furniture and put all of our electronic devices on to charge (in case of loss of power like last time).

I cleared a space in our walk in wardrobe so that we have somewhere to shelter if anything sinister happens during the night.  My camera and laptop will go in there tonight before I climb into bed.

Since the news report, I've kept my eye on the BOM website and I must say that it all looks pretty clear.

There are no high winds anywhere along the coast, that I can see, and no heavy rains coming within our 500km radius, so I'm feeling cautiously comfortable about tonight.  I will still take precautions - just in case!

I got some pretty good study in this afternoon, while Adoring Husband slept in his recliner in front of the TV.  I muted the television so that I would have peace and quiet, then sat in my swinging pod chair and read all of the information that I needed for the first lesson in Naturopathy.

It was surprisingly interesting!

Who knew that Hippocrates (The Father of Medicine), Galen (The ultimate authority on all things medical), Lust (The Father of Naturopathic Medicine) and Avicenna (The Prince of Physicians) were so interesting?  I almost wish that I could have met them!

There was a LOT of information, so I'm going to have to go over it a few times to let it all sink in.

Right now, to go to the other end of the brain requirement spectrum, I'm watching a documentary on John Hughes and his movie "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".

It's very entertaining and very interesting but I'm not sure if I can stay awake til midnight to watch it!

Nite all.


No comments: