Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

World's Toughest Job

This is very interesting .. the responses and the realisations (It's only 4 minutes this time)



I don't know if you remember, 2 years ago, me telling you about a married couple that I met, who lived in the old service station in town.  The woman had a stable brain tumour and had survived 4 years, at that stage, although she wasn't strong.  Then, not long after I met them, he too was diagnosed with a brain tumour and passed away within 2 months of his diagnosis.

Well, yesterday, I bumped into her at the local supermarket and promised that I would visit her this morning.  She has new dentures and is having trouble with her gums and lips, so I took her a small bottle of coconut oil, with some instructions for 'oil pulling'.

She recently had a checkup for her tumour and it is still stable .. that makes 6 years in remission!  Definitely something to celebrate, but devastatingly, she had to have her dog euthanised two weeks ago, because she too, had a tumour!!

Personally, I think the vents from the old underground fuel tanks have a lot to answer for.  The outlets are right outside a bedroom window and the living room window, and taking into consideration that they have lived there for over 30 years, I think the toxins and fumes may have played a big part in their illnesses!

She also gave me some interesting information about the Childers Vet, who travels to Howard a couple of days each week to service that small town, but who also does house calls!  The vet travelled from Childers to our town, euthanised the dog, took the remains away and returned to Childers (approx 30 minutes away) for $200.

She was VERY impressed with this vet and how warm, sensitive and helpful she was in that very emotional moment.

More study for me today.  One of the things I learned today is that "the entire tract of our digestive system is replaced every three-five days"!  Who knew!?!?

I'm trying for an early night tonight, but I'm currently watching a documentary on Cannabis, on the ABC, which is very interesting!  Maybe I can stay up for an extra 30 minutes to see the end of it :)

Nite all.

No comments: