Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm Baaa-aaack!

I'm here for a brief post and to share a couple of photos, because I'm not home yet and have only just got internet access after four days away from all civilisation in the freezing cold Bunya Mountains!

I have, at last, thawed out from the freezing temperatures and chilling winds, but I had a wonderful time with a great bunch of friends and have returned home with some fun memories to last a lifetime.

Day one was wet and miserable and kept us indoors, so imagination was the order of the day.  Some poor acting on my part, some amazing make-up and awesome modelling by Mellylicious, along with great lighting by the others, awesome photography and skilful photoshopping by The Nikonian to produce this ...


I still have stacks of photos to go through, but for the last hour of our visit this morning, we had so many beautiful birds on our verandah eating out of Mellylicious and The Nikonian's hands.  It was such a wonderful end to our long weekend.

This beautiful Crimson Rosella was eating breakfast in the tree beside our house.


This was our house for the few days.


I will share more after I return home and have some time to sit down, go through the photos and remember what a superb area we stayed in and describe the glorious scenery and abundant wildlife.

Meanwhile I have a few days on the Sunny Coast, so excuse me while I indulge in some much needed Chicklet time!

Nite all.

No comments: