Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lady's Day

Today was the monthly lunch for a rather large group of ladies from our community.

Our lunches have included catching The Boat Club bus into The Bay for lunch at the club, travel to Bundaberg for shopping and lunch at the local club, lunching at the pub here in town, gathering at the local park for a picnic lunch, travelling by bus to Childers for lunch at a winery ... the list goes on.

Today, we caught the Burrum River Quest across the river to Walker's Point, where the Woodgate Bowls Club buses were waiting to take us on the ten minute trip to the Bowls Club for lunch.




The photos aren't great, taken very quickly and without much thought .. and as you can see, it was quite chilly here today!

There were 22 of us, including 4 or 5 new ladies in the group. A couple of them have been in town for quite a few years but don't get out much and a couple of them have only been in town for a few months and were taking the opportunity to meet some new people.

Two of them were my new neighbours from behind and beside my house.

I like both of my neighbours very much, so far, and it was really nice to introduce them to my friends and see them fit right in and have such a lovely time.  They've both decided to come to next month's lunch as well, so that's a good sign!

 I only drank two glasses of wine while I was out, so after I got home, at about 3pm, I had a quick 'face time' call with my crazy little Chicklet and her Mama and then got stuck into some study.  I squeezed in about 2 hours before this happened ...


We had a nice quick dinner of home-crumbed chicken, salad and organic corn on the cob for dinner and now I am rugged up in tracky dacks and slippers to watch a few hours of Wimbledon.

I love it when it actually feels like Winter :)

Nite all.

No comments: