Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Halfway There

One assignment down and one to go.

I don't think I'll have the second assignment finished before our visitors arrive on Wednesday afternoon/evening, but I'll give it a good go.

I think the one that I just finished was REALLY difficult, so I'm glad that I got it out of the way first. I had to do so much extra research, aside from the text book and the lessons provided, to make sense of some of the information.

I think ... or should I say ... I 'hope' that this next one is pretty straight forward. It shouldn't frazzle my brain the way the last one did.

I can only hope!

So obviously, my day has been full of study and not much else. I did cook lunch and dinner in between all of that ... mealtimes come as a welcome distraction and helps free my brain of so much intense thinking. Then I sit down to a fresh start.

Poor Adoring Husband is copping the brunt of my mad dash to the end and is doing a pretty amazing job of keeping everything else running smoothly, including the housework that I have neglected for weeks.

My one gripe with him is that he must learn to not have such loud and long conversations with the animals! It's very distracting. We have 8 animals ... 3 dogs, 4 chickens and a cockatiel, so that adds up to a LOT of distraction!

We've hit another cold snap and the nights and early mornings are so cold that it's very difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. After the sun rises, it quickly reaches a very pleasant 20+ degrees Celsius, but according to my weather app it was 3C this morning, but felt like 0.08.

I shouldn't complain though because Number One Son had to pedal to work in -6C ... yes that's MINUS 6 degrees celsius! Ugh!

Anyway, enough of this frivolity.

Nite all.

No comments: