Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Ok, so I know that I promised photos and something 'other' than study updates, but ...

At 11.50am today, I was preparing to type up my assignment document to submit for marking.

All of my assignments have a cut-off time of 11.55pm on their submission dates, so I assumed that the assignment which was due today, was the same.

You know what they say about 'assume'? It makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. It certainly made an ass out of me!

When I checked the submission time, it showed 11.55AM instead of PM!!!

It took me well over an hour to type my answers into the submission document so I was more than 90 minutes late with my submission.

I was horrified that I'd made this mistake and felt sick to my stomach because I had worked so hard to finish it by the due date and I had almost lodged it last night .. but it was late and I (thought) I knew that I still had more than 24 hours left to lodge it.

I sent a message to the supervising teacher for this subject today, complaining about the time discrepancy.

I took responsibility for not checking the time myself, but questioned why it was the only assignment with a time difference.

Because these messages are public for all students doing the same subject at the same time .. I have received feedback from 5 others who made the same mistake and are also not happy.

Anyway, I have not heard back from the teacher regarding this issue, BUT she has already marked my assignment and I received a mark of 95.8% which is another Hight Distinction!!

I am shocked and amazed!

I was expecting to lose approximately 10% from my possible mark for the late submission, but I didn't lose any marks for it being late.

Whoda thunk?

The other assignment that I thought was due next Friday, is the first assignment that I submitted a couple of weeks ago, so I have a week's breathing space and two weeks until the next assignment is due (at 11.55pm!).

What a relief :)

Go me!!

Now I'm off to bed and I hope to be up early enough to go with the family to the Touch Carnival at 6.30am tomorrow .. I'm not confident .. perhaps I will make a later appearance!

Nite all.

No comments: