Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Paradise

Yes, we are living in paradise.

Another gloriously beautiful sunshiny day with the maximum temperature 21C.

I spent about 90 minutes enjoying the Wintery sunshine this morning, but unfortunately the rest of it was spent inside studying.

Study Study Study ... the story of my life.

I think that once the panic of this semester is over and I can start the new semester fresh, I will be able to manage my time in a much more controlled fashion.

My problem is that it took me a long time to find a routine and to figure out what was expected with the assignments.

There was a lot of procrastination in the first 6 weeks, which you would expect from the Queen of Procrastination!

The other thing that I've noticed, is that the content of the lessons have become more complex and detailed as we got closer to the end .. which just adds to the panic.

So my plan for next semester is to getting a running start and get as much done, as early as possible, then spend the last couple of weeks revising everything and double checking my assignment work so that I can refine and hone them to perfection by the time I submit them.

I have learned a lot during this first semester and I've learnt that I'm not as smart as I thought I was!

Anyway, this has been my break .. I now have to sneak another hour of study in before my reward .. watching the finale of 'House Rules'.

Oh, and for those of you interested, Harriet has settled into her new home very nicely thank you.

Nite all.

No comments: