Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

So Little Time

So much to do, so little time.

I'm sure it's time to panic!

Studying on struggle street and I feel like time is slipping through my fingers way too fast. I'm doing everything to convince myself that I can do this, but OMG, it's going to be tight!

Ugh.

We had a knock at the front door this morning and I answered the knock to find a stranger standing before me. He announced that our neighbour had told him that we had chickens. He advised that he had a black laying hen that he needed to remove from his brood of hens because the others didn't like her.

So we agreed to take his hen, whom he had named Lizzie.

Of course, I can't have a hen named Lizzie, among my 'beginning with 'H' girls', so I renamed her Harriet.

Now we have four hens and they are named Helen, Happy, Hector and Harriet.

Happy, the other black hen, became very loud when we introduced Harriet, and she stood on the highest spot of the garden yelling and cackling for a long time.

Helen, the brown hen, became a little aggressive and gave Harriet a few nasty pecks to show her who was boss and Hector, the white hen, hovered very close in an intimidating kind of way.

Because Harriet didn't know where the roost was, she attempted to climb the mango tree for the night .. until Adoring Husband showed where her bed was. The other girls sent her to the doorway for the night, but at least she is safe and warm.

So, once again, our family has grown.

I'm sure that I'm going to wake up one morning to find an alpaca in the back yard!

Anyway, I'm thinking of squeezing another couple of hours worth of study in before bed.

Nite all.

No comments: