Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 4, 2014

What the!?

After five hours of study today, this was the last paragraph that I read ...

"Few fatty acids occur free in foods or in the body. Most often, they are incorporated into triglycerides - lipids composed of three fatty acids attached to a glycerol. To make a triglyceride, a series of condensation reactions combine a hydrogen atom (H) from the glycerol and a hydroxyl (OH) group from a fatty acid, forming a molecule of water (H2O) and leaving a bond between the other two molecules. Most triglycerides contain a mixture of more than one type of fatty acid."

What I actually read was "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

It was at that point that I realised it was time to stop studying for the day!

As I reread that paragraph, I'm not exactly sure when it might be a good time to recommence studying!

The panic is still welling within, but I continue to look at the inspirational cards taped to the bottom of my computer monitor and it gives me the motivation to power on. Thank you Vegan Chickie.

While I attempted to get to bed early last night, I got involved in a movie called "and then she found me" with Helen Hunt (who was also the director), Colin Firth, Bette Midler and Matthew Broderick.  It sucked me in and I watched it to the end.

The last 30 minutes I watched from bed, but it was well after midnight when I fell asleep.  I woke at 8.15am but didn't rise til after 9am.

I went for my morning ride in the glorious sunshine, got my morning coffee and was home an hour later to get stuck into the books.

Therefore, no photos and no facebook quotes to share.

Time to get my footy tips in and then get ready for a night out at the club. I have won $45 worth of restaurant vouchers, so Adoring Husband and I are going to have a free meal at the club restaurant with a few friends.

Nite all.

No comments: