Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Winner!

I sat up until 4.30am watching a magnificent game of tennis between the Australian, Nick Kyrgios (ranked 144 in the world at the beginning of the Wimbledon tournament)  and the number one player in the world, Rafael Nadal.

The Australian won in four sets!

He was brilliant.

He outplayed Nadal from beginning to end and it wasn't like Nadal played badly either. Nadal fought hard and used his usual psychological tactics with time wasting to try to put Kyrgios off his game, but the kid wasn't fazed by any of it and remained level headed throughout the match.

Even serving for the match, he remained calm.

Just amazing for a 19 yr old and such a nice kid too. Articulate and humble and polite and seemingly unaffected by all the attention.

Unfortunately, he plays again tonight, so I have to stay up and watch him again!

I DID sleep from 4.30am until after 9am today, so I am not completely sleep deprived, but I feel that I might struggle to remain awake if this match goes for too long.  There are two games before his, so I can't imagine when his might start.

This morning, Adoring Husband had breakfast of bacon, eggs and tomato waiting for me when I got out of bed and afterwards I went for a ride in the glorious Winter sunshine to get myself a coffee.  I sat in the sun on the river's edge and soaked up some vitamin D for a while before coming home to get into some study.

It took a while to get focused after such a late night, but I contributed some more to my assignment and every little bit helps!

My river was amazing and beautiful this morning.


The question was already asked "One or two too many wines???"

I just wanted to take a sharp angle shot :)

It has occurred to me that I can do some more studying while I wait for the tennis to start!

Nite all.

No comments: