Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Missed it

Well, I went to bed and missed the big match! Luckily Nick Kyrgios won his match, so I get another chance to see him play .. only this time it will be against the great Rafael Nadal tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, here are my last 4 #100happydays challenge photos...

One of my practise shots for the red balloon challenge.


A female galah balancing on a wet wire fence.


I found a pair of Tawny Frogmouths sitting in a big old mango tree near the Seat of Knowledge.


At high tide on the beach this morning were two White Bellied Sea Eagles, two Whistling Kites and two Brahminy Kites.  I watched them for about an hour.  A Brahminy swooped for food, but I missed the shot. I did manage a reasonable shot of the White Bellied Sea Eagle. One day I'll get the money shot.


Adoring Husband made a delicious Osso Bucco in the slow cooker, for dinner tonight. It was a lovely end to a lazy Sunday.

If I get a good nights sleep, I'll be alert for a study day tomorrow and then I can stay up for the big tennis match tomorrow night.  That's the plan at this point in time.

Nite all.

No comments: