Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 30, 2014

See the Sea Snake

A quick visit to The Seat of Knowledge this morning reaped rewards for me!

Luckily I am known in town for my obsession with the camera, because as soon as the people saw this vision on the sand, they called me over immediately.

I've never seen a Sea Snake until today ...



At first, he appeared to be in distress, because he was on the sand, right on the edge of the water, so that each time the water rippled in small waves over his body, he squirmed and struggled as if he was either in pain, or unable to find the strength to get himself deep enough to swim.

But then a man walked over and gave him a soft nudge with his boot and the snake found his way and swam into the river towards a squadron of pelicans.

I expected that the pelicans might get spooked by the snake and fly off in a panic, but they weren't the slightest bit perturbed and just quietly moved aside for the snake to swim past.

So that was my exciting start to the day.

I didn't get much study done today because I cooked .. I made cheesy chard quiche with sundried tomatoes for lunch which we ate with a garden salad.

Then for dinner I made a pizza with a pureed chicken breast and coconut flour base, which was interesting and tasty, but too dry. Adoring Husband didn't like it and I'm not sure how I can make it less dry next time.  I'll have to work on that.

My Aussie tennis player is not playing tonight after all, so I get to have another early night in preparation for a late night tomorrow night.  He doesn't start til 10 pm our time, so it MAY be a late night, or Nadal could take him out in straight sets and it could all be over before you know it!

I have a little video of my Chicklet practising her fine motor skills .. she makes my heart melt and I've watched this about a dozen times already.


Nite all.

No comments: