Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Exhausted

I can't begin to tell you how exhausted I feel tonight!

I'm functioning on one hour of sleep, after staying up all night and watching Kyrgios lose his match against Raonic at Wimbledon.

He seemed to have lost his spark and I guess the 5 set match against Gasquet and then the huge win over Nadal took it's toll. He only had 24 hours to recover and it just didn't happen for him.

Still, he was gracious in defeat and his tennis future looks bright.

Today I received a special envelope in the mail, beautifully addressed with calligraphy and containing some timely motivational and inspirational quotes on cards.  I have them stuck to the front of my computer screen to remind myself to keep going.


Thank you to Vegan Chickie for giving me the gentle shove that I needed with just a week left to finalise 2 of my assignments for the semester. I have two others that I haven't even started that need to be complete by the end of the first semester which ends mid August.

Far out!

No more sleepless tennis nights for me!

Since my brain was too frazzled to study, I spent some time in the kitchen and made some pumpkin soup, some banana bread, some failed potato croquettes that became simply 'mash', a big jug of freshly squeezed orange juice and Adoring Husband helped me crumb 24 fish fillets. So at least my day wasn't a total waste!

Now I'm going to try to study for an hour or two before bed. Not sure if my brain can manage it, but we'll give it a whirl.

Nite all.  

No comments: