Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

QUEENSLANDER!

What a great way to end the State of Origin series!

My team didn't win the series this year - I should remind you that we won the last 8 years in a row - but tonight they played the final game of the three game series and won by a very large margin. The final score was 32 - 8.

Adoring Husband and I watched the game at the local pub with one of our favourite families .. my cousin Nellie and her husband and two young kids, who are here for the third year in a row to participate in a big touch football tournament that is held in The Bay.

There are something like 3000 kids from all over Queensland participating this year, so it is a very large tournament! Apparently the largest in the southern hemisphere.

Anyway, we ate dinner at the pub restaurant and then moved to the bar where we all made a LOT of noise for every one of the 32 points scored and had a really good time.

I've still not finished my assignment, but I'm getting there and I think I'll finish with time to spare ... just!

It's definitely time for me to hit the hay. I've had 6 wines tonight and although I'm not drunk, I'm feeling a bit sleepy.

Nite all.

No comments: